Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Couponing Slump

OK, I admit it. I have NOT felt like couponing the past few weeks. Why? I don't know. I guess because I've been so busy at work and busy at home trying to get the house in order that I just haven't had much time for anything else. I've been couponing for about 8 months and normally clipping coupons and planning out my trips is very enjoyable for me. But lately, its like its been a chore! But, I don't want to go to the store and pay full price either!! I've still been printing any coupons I see that I think will disappear. The only thing I didn't do is be sure to print from 2 computers instead of one so I've missed out on a few. I haven't grocery shopped much over the past weeks because we don't really need anything besides meat. I'm running out of room to put things so I slacked off and just bought a few things here and there. But, yesterday I forced myself to sit down and plan a trip to Publix for the last day of last week's sale. There were still a few things I knew we needed and my husband wasn't going to be with me so I would have time to walk around the store and look for tearpads or blinkies (he never has the patience for this!) and pull coupons from my stack for items they are out of. I had a total in my head of what I was going to pay and I only went $5 over that and I really thought my total was going to be a lot more! 



Needless to say, I got $85 worth of groceries for $30! Considering that includes meat and apples and batteries, I'm pretty satisfied! Our kids love those Totinos frozen pizzas and so does my husband. I guarentee you they won't last 2 weeks! So, after that trip yesterday, I'm back on the coupon band wagon! But, I will say that Publix kinda failed me on the sales this week. Besides the great deal on candy for Halloween, there really isn't much else I'll need. Winn Dixie though does have some pretty good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment